Monday, July 17, 2017

FBI IS NOT AN INDEPENDENT AGENCY

I know you've been frustrated and dismayed at my absence; so have I.  I caught some kind of bug, which is why I play the Howard Hughes routine and rarely go out in public.  I also rarely have more than a dime in my pocket.  But, I think my fingernails are shorter than his were.  

This new guy, Christopher Wray, that Trump has appointed to take over the helm at the FBI seems to be  a nice guy and he's got some great credentials.  But, he and I disagree on one major thing: the FBI is NOT an independent agency as he testified before Congress.  Comey thought it was and some other idiots both in the saddle and on the sidelines have insisted the FBI is independent, but it is not. 

To say that it is independent means that Congress can't tell it what to do, the President can't tell it what to do and that it doesn't have to abide by decisions of the Supreme Court.  That would make it the fourth branch of government, and the Constitution does not provide for that.  Actually, that would make it the FIFTH branch of government, since the liberal-left mainstream media considers itself to be the fourth branch of government... and that is not provided for in the Constitution, either.  

Way back when, (I suspect it was the Watergate era or shortly thereafter),  the myth was established that the FBI was independent.  In fact, the Director of the FBI reports to, and is accountable to, the Attorney General; the AG reports to the President.  To hold otherwise would be to create a Gestapo, or an Americanized version of SS Troops or the KGB; even the mere possibility of such activity is totally against everything we and our Constitution stand for.  

Now, Wray may turn out to be a great FBI Director and I certainly hope he does.  But, we need to contact our Congressional Delegates and make it clear to them that the FBI works for the Attorney General.  If we don't, we'll have nobody to blame for the consequences but ourselves.  
 

No comments: