Thursday, September 29, 2016

COMEY SHOULD BE REMOVED

If I worked for the F.B.I., I'd be sick at my stomach over the travesty of injustice perpetrated by the F.B.I. regarding the Clinton Email case.  The matter has denigrated the hard work of virtually every agent who has ever worked for the agency.  Yesterday adds fuel to the urge to fire F.B.I. Director James Comey.  Comey was asked by a House investigating committee why the F.B.I. granted immunity to Clinton's aides, in particular one Cheryl Mills.  

Comey refused to take the blame, saying it was the Department of Justice which granted that immunity.  He said the F.B.I. doesn't grant immunity, only the D.O.J. does.  Well, I can halfway buy that argument, but I believe Comey would have been the one to ask the D.O.J. to issue it as part of the "investigative process."  

Going further, Comey was asked why Mills was allowed to be at the interview of Hillary Clinton, since she was a potential witness to a crime and might even by a target herself.  Comey responded that Mills was Clinton's attorney and therefore entitled to be there if Clinton wanted her there.  Then he was asked if that wasn't a direct conflict, having a potential witness in the room when the real target was being interviewed, and Comey passed it off as being a legal decision, up to the attorney involved.  "Well, you're an attorney, what do you think of it?" he was essentially asked.  His response?  "I'm not going to give a legal opinion on this." 

The job of the F.B.I. is to investigate crime, protect law and order and to abide by the laws of the United States.  Nowhere in their realm of authority does it say, "subject to political direction."

If Comey is all as sincere as he claims he is, if he's halfway as good as his supporters say he is... then I don't know how he can sleep at night, because he certainly has let the American justice system down... way down.  The way he's running the F.B.I., they should change their initials to F.I.B.

No comments: