Sunday, November 23, 2008

CHRISTMAS SHOPPING? Forget It!

I'm hanging on to what little money I have.

The Congress has already mortgaged my children's future and part of my grandchildren's. Now, they're bound and determined to drag my great-grandchildren into the debt as well. Congress was the oversight in charge of Bear-Stearns, Lehman Brothers, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, CitiBank, Detroit, and the multitude of financial garbage yet to fall out of the truck

The stockmarket plunge has wiped out hundreds of thousands of retirement accounts. No one can sell a house for anywhere near what it is supposedly worth. Unemployment is skyrocketing. The new President is going to allow Bush tax cuts to expire, thereby raising taxes for everyone and making the squeeze even worse. Why they think we're going to spend anything on Thanksgiving and Christmas gifts is beyond me. I have to hang on to what little I have left and pray daily that it won't evaporate like everything else has.

Heck, we might as well print a ton of money like Germany did; we're all going down the tubes, anyway. Yes, we're smack-dab in the middle of an economic disaster area, but I frankly don't care if Macy's, Staples, Mervyns and Starbucks close their doors because of it. As for me, I'm not spending spit on shit.

No comments: