Wednesday, November 04, 2009

AARP’S FAR LEFT STANCE IS ANTI-AMERICAN

As a long-time member of AARP, I was shocked when they came forward in support of the proposed Government-Run Health Care Plan. I thought that their opinions, judgments and purpose were to lobby for and to support the goals and objectives of senior Americans. I guess I really did not understand what the organization is or what it stands for.

Imagine my surprise the other day when I picked up a piece of literature putting AARP right at the very top of the list of National Organizations with Anti-Gun Policies.

Our federal government stands ready to put into law a bill that will slash Medicare by $500 billion; that will mandate end-of-life counseling, (yes, it’s back in both bills despite President Obama’s and Congressional promises otherwise); will raise taxes on all Americans without raising Social Security benefits, (meaning we will have shrinking net income to pay for insurance, Medicare and deductibles); does not attack out-of-control malpractice insurance costs to doctors; does not provide a mechanism to reduce drug costs; and does not ensure to any degree whatsoever that insurance premiums will go down, simply because the driving forces that are sending premiums sky-high have not been mitigated. The Bills both mandate… require… that we have insurance or be in violation of the law and fined; that requirement alone is unconstitutional.

Yet, AARP backs the plan.

At a time when more and more Americans, particularly vulnerable seniors, are becoming victims of violence and at a time when the sales of guns for personal protection is at an all-time high, AARP stands firmly against our Second Amendment rights.

In other words, AARP stands against our Constitution on two major national issues and promotes, rather than opposes, two major governmental policies in the making that are totally contradictory to the bests interests of an aging America.

I am upset with myself for being suckered in to an organization that is contrary to what I believe in and what I know is right.

Screw their discounts at major national chains; as a senior, I get them anyway. Screw their “value priced insurance” policies that you can get for less by going directly to the vendor.

I AM to blame for not checking out what I was getting into before I got into it. The “culture” of reaching 55 and automatically becoming a member of AARP is pure bull. I have dropped my membership and I am dropping my insurance policies.

In this case, I’d rather switch than fight.

No comments: