Wednesday, January 06, 2016

HOW BAD THINGS HAPPEN

A man who was holding a cell phone was fatally shot by cops in Las Vegas.  They were going after him because he was wanted in Arizona for various crimes, and they thought the cell phone in his hand was a gun. 

Now, I want to explain why I'm mentioning this story.  One morning, I gazed out my kitchen window to see a strange car parked in my driveway.  As it would later turn out, the driver was definitely under the influence of drugs.  Not knowing who he was or why he was there, I approached the car cautiously from the rear; my .40 caliber Glock was in my back pocket, fully loaded and ready to fire.   

Evidently, I awakened him and he saw me in the car's rear-view mirror.  So, he started to get out and collapsed in a drugged stupor on the gravel below the car door.  Then, I saw a gun in his hand.  As he was fumbling around on the ground, I backed away and retreated to the house; there's no sense getting into a gun fight if you don't have to. 

Of course, I called the cops and explained the guy in the driveway had a gun, and they showed up lickety-split.  By this time, the driver was back in the car and sleeping again.  The cops surrounded the car, guns drawn, and ordered him out.  He stumbled back out and they arrested him without incident.  And as for the gun... it turned out to be a cell phone.   

I fully understand how the shooting in Vegas occurred.  
 

No comments: