Wednesday, January 25, 2017

INSULTS: REPUBLICANS ARE TO BLAME

Sorry for the "no post" yesterday... I ran out of juice; the electricity was off over 12 hours for the third time in 12 days.  

In the darkness, I got a letter from the RNC asking for a donation.  The letter gloated about how the RNC and the Republicans worked so hard to get Trump elected.  That was insulting to those of us who watched as Donald Trump had to drag the Republicans kicking and screaming... how they fought him tooth and nail all of the way into Election Day.  

The letter also storied about how much the Republicans have accomplished in the past and how much they can accomplish in the future with control of the House, Senate and White House.  That was also insulting to those of us who watched the Republicans roll over and play dead the last time we were in this situation.  In fact and because they were a "do nothing" Congress, they got voted out in spades after just two years and the Democrats took control of The Hill.  All they've done over the last 28 years can be summed up in one word: "nothing." 

Lacking in the communication was any semblance of acknowledgement that the government does indeed belong to "we the people."  It wasn't about us, working together; rather, it was about them and by the way... send us some money.  

I've got news for them: I'm not sending them one thin dime until they show me that they mean what they say.  They need to quit the squabbling and get on board the train.  Politics may have gotten them to where they are, but it is now time to set politics aside and get with the program.  If they can't do that, I don't need them.  I've had enough of the insults and the bull... this is where the rubber meets the road.  

If they want my money... they need to come back hat in hand and ask me again in about a year when I can see what kind of a job they are really doing.  

No comments: