Wednesday, May 13, 2020

NO, I WILL NOT STAY AT HOME ANY LONGER!

Dr. Fauci may want me to stay safely tucked away under my bed at home for ever and ever, but I'm not going to.  I didn't wear 16 layers of protective clothing and gear when I was learning how to ride a bike, either.  In fact, according to his way of thinking, I really proved what an imbecile I am when I joined the military and put my life on the line for my country. 

There is a multitude of dangers out there waiting for me every day.  Measles, mumps, flu, meteors, lightning, pianos falling out of tall buildings... the list is endless and includes the Chinese Virus.  Facing those dangers and learning how to cope with them is part of life's experience.  Facing threats and danger builds character.  

Beyond that, I'm an American.  I have Constitutional rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  I have a right to work, a right to gather in public, a right to get my hair cut, a right to dine out and a right to protest.  If anyone wants to challenge those rights, they'd better come well-armed.  I might end up being dead, but I will at least be free. 


No comments: