Wednesday, April 23, 2014

CABLE COMPANIES VS. SUPREME COURT

There's a case involving Aereo vs. the cable companies now in the U.S. Supreme Court.  Millions of Americans would like a divorce from a multitude of channels they don't watch; Aereo promises to deliver local broadcast channels to your TV, PC, Tablet or Smart Phone via Internet for about $8.00 per month.  The cable companies would lose all of that revenue and are contending Aereo is pirating broadcast signals.  But, broadcast signals are free, so just what is being pirated? 

I'd like to see this monopolistic practice broken up even further.  I watch a total of six different channels on cable, but pay for 150.  I'd like to see it change to where I would subscribe to just those channels that I want to watch and let the others die on their collective vines.  But, until we the public and consumers stand together and demand such a change, we are to blame for being stuck with it. 

No comments: