Tuesday, May 20, 2014

THE PICTURE

Remember when the original story about I.R.S. targeting of conservative groups such as the Tea Parties first broke?  Remember how the immediate response was that the problem originated in the Cincinnati office?  

Well, here we are down the road and we have emails pointing the fickle finger of blame at the White House.  But, that's not all.  A recent leak of emails indicates that Democratic members of Congress were also lined up in pressuring the I.R.S. to go after the Tea Parties and anyone else who even remotely appeared to be conservative.  The House has asked for copies of those emails and... guess what?

Yeah, they just agreed to release thousands of emails regarding the I.R.S. scandal.  But remember that I suggested there were even more that were not being released?  I got emails calling all me all kinds of names but... it came out Friday that the I.R.S. has been ignoring Congressional requests for them to produce emails from members of Congress to or from the I.R.S. regarding the targeting of conservative groups and the Tea Parties.  

That's correct; they have yet to comply.  

The word is that many... not just several... but many top Democratic members of Congress put the heat on the I.R.S. to target conservative groups including the Tea Parties. 

You know what really disturbs me here?  This country should be up in arms over all of these scandals.  We should be demanding full investigations, firings and criminal prosecutions.  But, we're sitting here on our collective asses, shrugging our shoulders and switching the channel or reading email jokes. 

WHAT IN THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE? 

No comments: