Tuesday, August 12, 2014

INTELLIGENCE FAILURE?

Obama, in a recent speech to America, claimed that he was not the guy responsible for withdrawing troops from Iraq.  Then, he went on to say that the rapid advance of I.S.I.S. didn't come to the attention of his Administration because of intelligence failures.  

Well, I could point to his claim that he gets all of his information from the newspapers, but that's not true because the newspapers and the media have been carrying the story of I.S.I.S.'s rapid advance for weeks now.  I mean, even the left wing media was reporting on it.  

“This wasn’t a U.S. intelligence failure,” said an unnamed intelligence official. “It was an Iraqi military failure. The job of the intelligence community is to warn. We did that. If there was a surprise, it was in just how quickly Iraqi forces initially disintegrated when the shooting started.”  He went on to report that the intelligence gained was immediately and conscientiously conveyed to Washington.  

It would seem to me that the real failure of intelligence occurred in the Oval Office.  They'll probably make a movie about it: "Clueless at the White House." 

No comments: