Thursday, May 21, 2015

CANCER SCAM

FOX NEWS is reporting that over $187 million raised by cancer benefit foundations has ended up in the personal pockets of James T. Reynolds Sr., his ex-wife and son.  The Cancer Fund of America in Knoxville, Tennessee, and its affiliated Cancer Support Services; The Breast Cancer Society in Mesa, Arizona; and the Children's Cancer Fund of America in Powell, Tennessee were the principal "fronts" for the scam. 

Like you probably did, I donated some of my hard-earned money to one of these "charities" which hired telemarketers to collect $20 donations from people across the country, telling consumers that they provided financial aid and other support to cancer patients, including pain medication, transportation to chemotherapy visits and hospice care.  I was even shamed into it: "How can you turn your back on these unfortunate women during Breast Cancer Awareness month?"  I stopped donating last year after I learned that little of the organization's revenues were reaching the intended recipients.  

It's kind if like what has been going on with the Clinton Foundation, isn't it? 

1 comment:

dog lover said...

It is very sad to know that all the money that comes from people that really care about cancer's victim are going to their own pocket. I also received their calls after I know this, so I hung up and blocked their numbers. Feeling not enough, I also report their numbers to FTC and http://whycall.me, so that they will never scamming us again!