Tuesday, May 19, 2015

THE RAMADI DISGRACE

Forget the argument over whether or not we should have gone into Iraq in the first place.  I will say that I was for the invasion, but with a caveat:  I was totally against waiting, and waiting, and waiting before we did it.  We destroyed any element of surprise we might have gained and we gave the enemy the opportunity to hide chemical weapons before we got there. 

But, once there and having secured the battlefield, eliminated Hussein and begun the process of developing a stable government, we totally evacuated and left a vacuum behind... a vacuum destined to by filled by what has been so eloquently described as "The J.V. Team."  

Now, we have the fall of Ramadi, a city described by a top general as being of no importance, as if to piss on the graves of our troops who lost their lives there at the direction of our country, which had sent them on a nearly impossible mission and with their hands tied behind their backs.  And what does our illustrious Secretary of State have to say about the I.S.I.S. flag now flying over that city?  "Well, no big deal.  They didn't really win anything.  It was just a moment of opportunity." And besides, "The Iranians will chase I.S.I.S. out for us."  

It makes me puke when I consider what we, you and I, have allowed our country to become.  And it scares the hell out of me when I consider where we are headed. 


No comments: