Saturday, September 04, 2010

DEMOCRATS, OTHERS SHAKING IN THEIR BOOTS?

If I’ve heard it once in the past week, I’ve heard it two dozen times: the Democrats are afraid of the election and are shaking in their boots. The second fear I have heard, not quite so frequently, is that ALL incumbents are worried about the foreboding November elections. There’s even an inference that we, the citizens, are to blame for their fears.

Well, I’m glad they are shaking in their boots, but they really have no one to blame but themselves. After all, and I’m sure you will remember, they are the ones who called us names, talked down to us in their condescending ways, and then proceeded to pass the health care plan and stimulus plans and other legislation that we, the people, we solidly against. They followed Nancy and Harry and Barry into the back rooms of Congress, struck their dirty deals, and shoved it where the sun does not shine. They even had the gall to admit that they had not read what they passed.

Now, they’re nervous? They’re afraid? I don’t know about you, but I have no pity for them. They have screwed, screwed, screwed and screwed you, me and all of our friends.

Let’s keep the focus. They do have to be removed. All of the squirming in the world does not change the fact that they have betrayed the public trust.

No comments: