Wednesday, February 16, 2011

THE BUDGET, ENTITLEMENTS & THE DEFICIT

Excuse me, Mr. President, I know I’m stupid and you don’t want to waste your time with me, but I have a couple of questions.

First, I’d like to know why, if we’re not spending that $2 trillion or whatever it was that we blew on TARP and stimulus in 2009 and early 2010, why is it, sir, that our expenses are still UP in 2011? Would you mind telling me, in simple layman’s terms, where is all of this money going, anyway? Maybe you could just lay it out on a chart so we can all see it? Just give us a line-by-line explanation, without the spin, if you please. 

Second, Members of Congress and Mr. President, there is a whole lot of flack floating around about cutting entitlements, mainly Social Security and Medicare. What I don’t really understand is, if entitlements have to be cut, how do we end up with ObamaCare? Isn't that a brand-new entitlement? Can you explain your rationale for that? The way I read it, this isn’t about redistribution of wealth from the rich to the poor, it’s about shafting senior citizens so you can have your God-damned health care plan. So, fill me in; I’m all ears.Let me know how I'm wrong. 

Maybe you wouldn’t mind explaining your $53 billion fast rail plan from nowhere to nowhere, while you’re at it.You really should re-fund that Alaskan bridge to nowhere, first. 

Another major question I have is this: Your emissaries are out there saying that it is impossible to reduce spending in less than 10 years because it will cause all kinds of hell and we need to “cushion things.” If it only took you 2-1/2 years to ramp up spending to these horrible levels, how can it then be impossible to cut it in 2-1/2 years? I’m all ears.

Just as a side note, how did your illustrious Bernacke and Geithner team set it up so that GM could pay bonuses when they haven't paid us back yet?  I don't mind them paying bonuses with their own money, but I sure as hell don't appreciate bonus money going out the door when they still owe us.  Or, do we matter? 

Our debt is at an all-time adjusted high in comparison to our Gross Domestic Product. Your Debt Commission has told the whole country that we cannot continue doing this. Just why is it that you have totally ignored what your debt commission is telling us? Either you appointed a bunch of incompetents to the commission, or their recommendations are not politically expedient for you. Which is it?

Have you considered taking a pay cut? The rest of America is either unemployed or making much less. How about it, Mr. President? Nancy? Harry? Any takers?  Any at all? 

My fellow Americans, don’t you get the idea that Barry, Harry and Nancy would like each and every one of us to empty what bank accounts we have left, sell our houses and cars, empty our wallets, and drive by the White House and throw it all over the fence? Isn't that what they really want? 

No comments: