Wednesday, October 20, 2010

THEY’RE BACK TO BRIBING VOTES WITH OUR MONEY

Remember when good old Harry and Nancy were buying votes in the Senate and in the House to get the Health Care Plan passed…with our money? Remember Ben Nelson and Mary Landrieu and who knows who else, and all of the dirty tricks being pulled to get the Bill passed whether we wanted it or not?

Well, even with all of the ticked off voters jumping up and down in protest, they have not learned their lesson. In fact, they’re doing it again. The only difference is that this time, they are bribing US with our own money. This all sure takes gall.

Seniors, although Obama swore an oath to the contrary, are faced with substantially higher medical costs next year. In many cases, plans are being modified, deductibles and co-pays are going up and premiums are rising as well. With these added burdens, seniors are faced with a somewhat moderated rise in the cost of living; but it is still supposed to be covered by an increase in Cost of Living Adjustment, (COLA). For the second year in a row, Congress chose to freeze benefits, which means that seniors will be living at the 2009 level of income in 2011.

And, they’re being vocal about their shaft on the campaign trail. Candidates for re-election are hearing the message loud and clear, but they are not listening. Instead, they’re proposing to give every senior a $250.00 cash bonus before the election. Now, what does that sound like?

Number one, those who are not senior citizens don’t get anything, so the “bonus” is disproportionate. Number two, they are not addressing the real issue. Number three, they are giving us back our own money. Number four, they are giving us this money just before the vote is to be taken in November. If this is not transparent, I don’t know what is.

Folks, my name is not Ben Nelson or Mary Landrieu; I don’t want their bribes.

They are quick to point their finger at me and blame me for their ills, calling me a “Tea Party” member as if it were some type of social disease. They call me a “Right Wing Extremist,” chastise me for being an ex-military member, and want to trample on me because I’m “astroturf.”

Well, I’m one of those “silent majority” types who are now vocal. I’m sick and tired of this stench. Fed up. Angry.

We now have an opportunity to correct the situation. Let’s do it. Let’s roll. 

No comments: