Monday, June 15, 2015

DAMNED ELECTION SEASON

Well, it must officially be election season, barely eight months after the last one ended.  I got four telephone calls Saturday from political organizations looking for money.  The last season was bad enough; by the time November came, I was leaving my phone off the hook 24/7.  Can you imagine how bad it's going to get this season with all of these presidential candidates on the loose? 

I'm angry about the way they are doing things.  In the good old days, only your mailbox got stuffed with pleas for money.  These days, you get 30 emails a day and God only knows how many phone calls.  What's even worse is that they have the guts to put the "muscle" on you, to make you feel like a two-bit jerk if you don't fork over the money.  And they do this in a struggling economy. 

I told a lady Saturday that I wasn't going to give a dime to a living soul this election until next year, if then.  I thought she was going to have a mental breakdown.  "How can you do this to your country?" she pleaded.  

"Well," they say, "it takes a lot of money to run a campaign."  Here's the way I look at it: Congress has the lowest ratings in American history and we haven't had a decent president in office since Ronald Reagan.  Why should I continue to fork over my hard-earned money so those guys can continue doing their crappy jobs in Washington? 

They, and their intrusive, abrasive campaign staffs have nobody to blame but themselves. 

No comments: