Friday, August 20, 2010

SICK AND TIRED OF DONATION REQUESTS

SPECIAL POST

Here’s an interesting complaint from a reader of the BURNEY MOUNTAIN HERMIT.

“Why is it that every political candidate, every political party, every charitable cause and every other organization looking for a handout is picking on me? I get so much mail every day that it will not fit in my box. I only get 35 telephone calls a week and 34 of those are from someone looking for money; the other call is from my ex-wife’s attorney, looking for money. When I tell them I can’t afford to give, they argue with me. When I tell them I don’t support their organization, they argue with me. When I tell them I’m on the national do not call registry, they argue with me.

“I’ve been out of work for almost two years. I’ve put out at least 1,000 resumes and personally gone for 100 or more job openings, (along with 500 or more people each time). Do I get any telephone calls or letter from those people? No, all I get is people looking for money I do not have.

“My God, one day I got a call from the Republican National Committee and when I hung up the phone, Nancy Pelosi’s office was calling me.

“Don’t you understand how low I feel? I’m about to lose my house and my car. My savings and retirement are all gone. My wife walked out on me and took the kids. And now these money hungry idiots come along and belittle me and argue with me because I can’t kick in 'Just $25?'

“How dare you! Who in the hell do you think you are, you pious holier-than-thou vermin who have never missed a meal in your God damned lives?”

I totally understand.  

No comments: